Thursday, May 14, 2009

UPDATES

I know it has been a long time since I have updated my blog, so I am just going to tell you everything in one big post....

1.) Today is the last day of track!!! At the beggining of the season remember how I said I didn't like it when I ran, well that has changed. I have grown to love track. The meets are really fun and I got to know all of the girls. The coaches now know me and know my events. I will defentaly be doing track next year!

Here are a list of my events and my PR's (personal records)
  • 100 meters- time: 14.8
  • 200 meters- time: 31.2
  • long jump- distance: 11'7
  • triple jump- distance: 26.6

Those are pretty good and this is only my first year ever doing track. I worked really hard at the 100 to get into the 14's because the really good older girls get in the low 14's and 13's. For the 200 I got my PR a day that I was sick.... that doesn't really make any sense to me, but I did it. I started doing long jump just to try a field event (and to get out of running that practice) and I ended up loving it. I was usually scoring (that means that my distance counts in our overall score) so that is good. And lastly the tripple jump. I love the tripple jump! It is so much fun. What you do is run up to the board, then you hop off of one foot, landing on the same foot, take a big step, then make a big jump landing in the pit on both feet. You have to do it really fast and far. Oh.. and the coach put me in the 400 once ( I don't know why) and in that i got 78 seconds. He was pretty impressed so I was happy with it. So that is my track story.

2.) My birthday was amazing! I got up in the morning to come down to my seat set up with the breakfast of choice, (waffles) and presents. I opened a couple of my presents because I couldn't wait. They were clothes and sandles. (which got stolen...oups) Then I had to go to Jake's baseball game :( so I invited one of my friends to come with me. We went to the game then went back to my house. Once she left, me and my mom went to this new fondu restraunt to get some ideas for my fondu party. It was really cool and somewhat helpful. So then we went back home and I had to go do my workout, so my mom cooked dinner. I asked for her really good tomato bisque. yummmmm! When i came back, my dinner was set up and so were my presents! We ate dinner then had cake. And while we were out my mom and I got a Friendly's Hunka Chunka Peanutbutter Fudge icream cake. More yummmmm! Then it was present time!!! I opened some more of my little presents, then came the big one. I was asking fo and ipod touch so my parents got me a gift certificate to the apple store. With my other money I had enough to buy one! It is probally the coolest thing that I have ever owned. I won't go into detail about how amazing it is because that would take forever. hehe. So overall my birthday was awesome!!!!!!

3.) So now that I have convinced my parents to get a dog, the hard part has arrived. I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING! We keep finding new breeds that we like and it is really frustrating. Two of my friends got dogs from this one rescue place, but whenever I look they don't have puppies. I know it is a little early to be looking for a puppy now but it is still frustrating. We are getting the puppy in the 4th week of July. ( that's the week after North Carolina) So I have time... IM SO EXCITED!!!!! The criteria for our dog is......

  • from 10-15 lbs. ( it could be a little heavier, but I need to be able to hold it)
  • a snuggly puppy
  • we prefer hypo-allergenic (poodles are)
  • we also want to try to rescue it
  • and I want it to have brown on it, but that's just me
  • a girl

And the name is another big problem. My favorite is Boca, but my dad says we can't name him that because that is where old people live in Florida....no offense to anybody. Me and my dad made a list of other cute names....

  1. Ace
  2. Ajax
  3. Apolo
  4. Aries
  5. Axle
  6. Bailey
  7. Baja
  8. Bandit
  9. Blotto
  10. Bits
  11. Blue
  12. Boca
  13. Boots
  14. Bravo
  15. Cash
  16. Chewy
  17. Chip
  18. Cola
  19. Cubby
  20. Domino
  21. Dusty
  22. Zeus

Tell me your favorite!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am glad that you updated. Sounds like you have been having a great time. I will have to keep thinking on the dog name. It really depends if it is a boy or a girl! It would be fun if you could get a dog soon and bring it to Lake Gaston!

Patti said...

I'm with Leslie...so glad you updated! I was scrolling through the list of dog names slowly and thought 'she is already at 15 and still in the beginning of the alphabet...how many names DOES she like'! Glad to see you stopped at 21. My favorite is Cola. Boca...funny Steve. Congrats on the track stats! You are amazing!!!